In an effort to increase transparency of Fannie Mae Multifamily DUS loans, an enhanced Multifamily DUS Prepayment History Report is now available. This report provides over ten years of historical voluntary and involuntary prepayment data for Fannie Mae fixed-rate multifamily loans. The loans represented in this report generally have similar terms and yield maintenance characteristics as DUS loans underlying multifamily MBS issued today. The report segments the historical prepayment data by relevant loan characteristics which potentially impact security performance, including vintage, loan term, loan size, original loan-to-value (LTV), asset class and geographic region.
The report further delineates:
1) loans in each segment that remain active;
2) loans that were paid off prior to the yield maintenance end date;
3) loans that were paid off on or after the yield maintenance end date;
4) loans that experienced an involuntary prepayment before yield maintenance; and,
5) loans that were paid off due to other reasons.
The enhanced scope and view into historical prepayments of our fixed-rate multifamily loans will allow investors and research analysts to better analyze historical prepayment behavior of our multifamily securities. The report will be updated on a quarterly basis.
Originally published: 12/04/13